Skilled Nursing Care
Our philosophy is to restore each resident as quickly as possible to his or her optimum level of functioning and independence, meeting the individual needs of each resident in a medically safe, kind and compassionate manner. Our nursing team is on duty 24-hours a day, 7-days a week, and under the direction of our medical director and includes: Registered nurses, licensed practical nurses and state-tested nursing. An interdisciplinary team works with the nursing staff to coordinate specialized care as prescribed by your physician.
Nursing Care services include:
- 24-hour skilled nursing
- Post-hospital and post-surgical care
- Restorative nursing programs which focus on reaching an optimum level of functioning and independence
- Coordination of physicians services
- Individualized care plans and regular health assessments
- Therapeutic and specialized dietary services, 3 nutritious meals a day, plus snacks
- Administration of medication
- Planned activities and outings
- Laundry and housekeeping services
St. Luke Lutheran Community is a member of LeadingAge, LeadingAge Ohio, Lutheran Services in America, and Lutheran Services in America- Ohio. Guidelines for acceptance and participation in St. Luke Lutheran Community's programs are the same for everyone without regard for race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or handicap.
Skilled Nursing Care is available at our North Canton and Portage Lakes campuses
Respite Care at St. Luke
St. Luke Lutheran Community also provides Respite Care, short-term stays, for those seniors whose families travel out of town or need a break from caregiving. They also allow those considering senior living a chance to “try out” our services before making a long term commitment. You will enjoy housekeeping services, community activities, dining and all other amenities that our long term residents enjoy.
Consider short term respite care when you need:
- Extra assistance following a hospital stay
- Family caregivers have work or travel plans or need a break from caregiving
- Seniors need supervised attention on a short term basis
- A place to stay when an emergency has made your home unsafe