Nursing Care is provided at our North Canton and Portage Lakes campuses. Both are fully licensed by the State of Ohio and are Medicare and Medicaid certified. St. Luke - North Canton has 202 nursing beds. St. Luke - Portage Lakes can accommodate 56.
Registered nurses, licensed practical nurses and state-tested nursing assistants make up the nursing care team. The nursing staff is on duty 24-hours a day, 7-days a week, and under the direction of our medical director. An interdisciplinary team works with the nursing staff to coordinate specialized care as prescribed by your physician.
Our philosophy is to restore each resident as quickly as possible to his or her optimum level of functioning and independence, meeting the individual needs of each resident in a medically safe, kind and compassionate manner.
Nursing Care services include:
- 24-hour skilled nursing
- Post-hospital and post-surgical care
- Restorative nursing programs which focus on reaching an optimum level of functioning and independence
- Coordination of physicians services
- Individualized care plans and regular health assessments
- Therapeutic and specialized dietary services, 3 nutritious meals a day, plus snacks
- Administration of medication
- Planned activities and outings
- Laundry and housekeeping services
Rates do not include physician care, medication costs, diagnostic tests, laboratory fees or hospital charges.
St. Luke Lutheran Community is smoke-free.
For more information about Skilled Nursing at St. Luke Lutheran Community contact our admissions staff:
St. Luke - North Canton Valerie LeFever at (330) 499-8341 or Jamie Tabler at (330) 499-8341 |
St. Luke - Portage Lakes Angela Nickey at (330) 644-3914
St. Luke Lutheran Community is a member of LeadingAge, LeadingAge Ohio, Lutheran Services in America, and Lutheran Services in America- Ohio.
Guidelines for acceptance and participation in St. Luke Lutheran Community's programs are the same for everyone without regard for race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or handicap.